Monday 11 August 2008

The Sound of Silence

It is eeriely quiet around here. I am listening to a CD and the washing machine has just started to spin, but behind this there is silence. I have not been interrupted and will not be until Wednesday!
We drove up to the West Midlands on Saturday to celebrate my father-in-law's 70th birthday and I came home by train yesterday while the rest of the family stayed on for a holiday. I have come home to have three days of peace and quiet to plan next academic year's schedule and to sort out and file all the paper work that goes with my role as a Breastfeeding Counsellor. I have been looking forward to this time and it is time much needed for organisation, but I am finding it hard to settle. Instead of having a quick half-hour to grab and squeeze an accomplished mission out of, I have two and a half days to fill and a lot of self-motivation to find!

No comments: