Thursday 28 August 2008

More of Julie's words of wisdom

I am a great fan of Julie Bogart and her Bravewriter progamme.

So much so that, when I was trying to explain it to my mother and I was struggling for the correct verb ('follow' seems to prescriptive, 'subscribe to' too dry). my son suggested 'worship'!

Julie's writing, her on-line classes, her lifestyle ideas and The Writer's Jungle have all been formative, supportive and inspirational on my Home Ed journey. I found this recent post of hers gave me both a great idea for next Monday (official 'start of term' in our house as my husband, a teacher, goes back to school), and a theme for my year. I may well print this out in colour, laminate it and pin it to my forehead (or perhaps over my desk!):

Let’s make this year the year of affirmation: noticing how truly amazing
our kids are and telling them so in as many ways as we can.

1 comment:

Richard said...

Just been reading through the summer posts. It is great to read. Keep going! Love you!