Today has dawned bright and sunny, a rarity for a Bank Holiday! I have set the whole day aside for gardening and this is the task I have set myself: I am satisfied that the 'formal' area of the garden is ticking over nicely and it's time to move on to clearing some ground. This patch was a compost heap left by the gentleman who used to cultivate this land twenty, maybe thirty, years ago. When I set out to clear it two years ago, first we found it was home to a frog, who moved on, and a bumble-bee nest which I didn't want to disturb. Unfortunately the bees didn't survive the very wet June we had. Once it was apparent that the nest was no longer active, I had a go at digging it out: I would have been very interested to see it, but I could find no trace of it. Since then, the area has just got completely overgrown. I am hoping that by the end of the day it will be weed-free, stone-free, neatly raked and sown with grass seed. I'll post a photo of my progress this evening!