Tuesday 6 January 2009

New Year's Day

I feel as if I have barely drawn breath for the last few weeks. Although I had a lovely time in Yorkshire, I do not feel mentally or spiritually rested. What with the car problems, the busyness of Christmas, trying to get the house straight after the massive influx of new toys, trying to make sense of our family budget following Christmas and buying a new car, having three children and not disciplining myself to take time out, I feel ragged, diffracted. One symptom of this is that I am not posting until nearly 5 in the afternoon. Another symptom is that I have no idea what I am going to do with the children for the rest of the week after my husband returns to school tomorrow. I could really do with a couple of days off to get my head sorted!

In the meantime, here are some pictures of our snowy and icy walk to East Gill Waterfall in Keld on New Year's Day.
The idea of a walk was greeted with varying degrees of enthusiasm.


(check out those ear-warmers!)
It was a very beautiful place.


And collecting icicles made the whole thing even more fun!

1 comment:

Jane D. said...

beautiful photos Gaynor - I pray the rest of the week will pan out nicely for you.....