Friday 27 June 2008

HESFES here we come!




Why do I do it? My son has just wandered in and asked when we're going to start packing. To be honest, my skin prickles with irritation when I hear the door-handle creak and I know a small person is about to walk in and want something. Sometimes it's just for a hug and yet I find myself wanting to scream, 'Don't disturb me, I'm busy!' But the truth is, I'm not that busy. I have been reading a few blogs, including 10 minute writer, which I came upon yesterday, and it's great stuff but I think that a top tip for me would be, 'stop reading this and write your own blog!' I guess it wouldn't matter if I didn't care if I posted today, but I do, I want to post every day because I like reading blogs with new stuff every day. I feel frustrated if I don't post, I feel deprived and then I feel sorry for myself and blame Home Ed/the children/life for the fact that I'm too busy. And I still procrastinate. I am finding myself worried that my punctuation isn't right. (What is the correct way to punctuate a thought, or a top tip, if it's not direct speech?) I could look it up in Nitty Gritty Grammar but it wouldn't get the post finished, or the car packed, or the children hugged!
When this is done, I am going to pack the car, feed the family and drive to HESFES. We have been looking forward to this since the last one in September. All I ask is that it doesn't blow a gale while I try to put up an 8-person tent! (Not that there are 8 of us, but I like the space.) My super-sociable middle son is looking forward to meeting up with the friends he made in September; my responsible eldest, to running errands to the camp shop and he is hoping there will be peg-doll making; my daughter, to swimming. Me? I'm looking forward to meeting up with my friends, being in a community of Home Edders where my educational choices are normal, and lots of coffee and cake from the cafe!

I'll be back next week!

No comments: