Saturday 25 September 2010

British Wildlife Centre




Yesterday was my birthday and we had a lovely trip out to the British Wildlife Centre. I was particularly thrilled with the badger sett. I have never seen a live badger before and here was a whole family, sleeping and grooming and moving about in their underground tunnels which we could watch from 'inside' their sett (through glass windows.) I also saw a weasel, a pine marten and wild cats. The harvest mice touched me the most: so tiny and yet so perfect, little hands and beady eyes, smaller than my thumb and yet created and known by God, existing and thriving in their own grassy world.

2 comments:

Jane D. said...

so pleased you had a good day Gaynor - a belated card is on it's way x x x

Kathy said...

Belated birthday blessings! I, too, just celebrated a birthday. So good to "see" you again! I'd love to return to blogging, but we've just moved and are settling in. In the meantime, I'll be here and elsewhere for inspiration and refreshment. :-)