Wednesday 6 January 2010

Snow

Snow, causing that great tear between routine and spontaneity. Am I the only one who feels like this? My main goal this week was to firmly re-establish the pattern of our home-ed day following the upheaval of the Christmas break and and the gradual break-down of order at the end of last term. My husband was supposed to go back to school today, but it is closed, and so are the local schools so my little girl has a friend round to play. Youngest two children and neighbour's child are in the garden (along with reluctant cat) and husband is doing the crossword (which I do think of as mine). I, however, had plans to do maths, start French and read our chapter books today. The condition of the transport network don't affect us as we weren't planning on going anywhere. I am trying to be flexible, I am trying to enoy the looks on their faces, I am trying to relax about it all. Perhaps I should use the unexpected free time to practice yoga!

No comments: