Wednesday 11 February 2009

Poorly

I left my three healthy children with a friend yesterday for an hour while I had a regular appointment, by the time I picked them up, my eldest son was complaining of a headache and my little girl was pale and shivering with cold. She fell asleep on the 15 minute drive home and he spent the journey with his arms wrapped around his head to shield himself from the sun.
They spent the rest of the afternoon on the sofa with blankets watching Tom and Jerry cartoons and were in the PJs and bed by 6pm. My son has slept well, but I have been up and down in the night administering Calpol and cuddles to my daughter, and all is very quiet upstairs as I type.
So it looks like I'll be re-thinking the plans for today and hoping that the postman brings our latest DVD. We are expecting Night at the Museum, chosen for its depiction of Lewis and Clark and Sacagawea as part of our ongoing early American History. I've popcorn in the cupboard and two bottles of Calpol ...

2 comments:

Jane D. said...

Much love and hugs to you all x.

Kathy said...

Oh no! Here's hoping they've taken a turn for the *better* and you're well stocked for the next go-round. We just need spring to come so we can get past these sicknesses, eh?
Kathy @ www.restorationplace.net