Saturday 14 May 2011

I guess this is me?

Home Ed was a topic for debate in Parliament this week. Nick Gibb, Minister of State for Schools, said: "The Government's policy remains that parents are responsible for their children's education. They have the right to choose to fulfil that responsibility by educating their children themselves, rather than by sending them to school, and we have no desire to interfere with that right." - Well, that's a relief. What is more, he went on to say of parents who had "reluctantly decided to home educate, against their own better judgement, that "that group is not typical of the majority of home educators, who in my experience are determined, committed and passionate people." I know he has never met me, but I felt strangely boosted and encouraged to read this!

No comments: