Wednesday 13 October 2010

Love

Gently encourage the stragglers, and reach out for the exhausted, pulling
them to their feet. Be patient with each person, attentive to individual needs.
And be careful that when you get on each other's nerves you don't snap at each
other. Look for the best in each other, and always do your best to bring it out.
1 Thessalonians Chapter 5 from verses 13-15, The Message

What good advice for mothers, especially for those of us who choose to spend all day and everyday with our children. I constantly need to remind myself that my children are little, young and vulnerable. I cannot and should not expect them to be like adults. I am remembering too the verses from the weekend, the command to love others as I love myself. Do I love myself this way? And if I don't, no wonder I it's hard to find the resources to love others like this.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

I needed to read this today! I so enjoy the freshness of The Message. Must print this out and put it where I can see it in the kitchen.