Friday 6 March 2009

In the Shadow of the Moon

We have a bit of a space theme going on at the moment. Last week we had "In the Shadow of the Moon" out on DVD. It took two sittings to watch it all but renewed interest was shown in all things Apollo.Yesterday I dug out all our books with astronauts in and we spent the afternoon watching, again, "Apollo 13" (and it made me cry, again,)
And today we are off to the Science Museum to see the real command module from Apollo 10 and a mock up lunar lander. I have "Space Stories that Really Happened" to read on the train and Christmas book vouchers to spend in the book shop. I am looking forward to today!

2 comments:

Jane D. said...

I hope you have had a fab day x.

Kathy said...

Sounds like fun! We're doing space stuff, too. There's just no end to the possibilities! Wish you could join us for a visit to the National Air & Space Museum in Washington D.C.:-)
Kathy @ www.restorationplace.net