Friday 20 March 2009

Fasting

Three-and-a-bit weeks in to Lent, I have decided to fast. I am still taking part in Tearfund's Carbon Fast but, as usually happens to me in Lent, I have reached a point where I don't feel that I'm really noticing it.
Yesterday I was feeling pressured by the amount I had to do before the day proper began and I needed to post, but I had nothing to write about. My son, as he so often does, came into the room where I work, just for a cuddle. He turned around a ndwalked away when he saw the look on my face.
I have a quote, printed out and laminated, on top of my computer screen, and I'm afraid I can't remember whose blog it is from. (If you recognise it, please let me know so I can give credit where it's due.) It reads:

Less is better. Little things done daily are better than grand plans. Give your children lots of tiny moments. When they approach the computer turn your chair around and look them in the eye and if you find more in their eyes than on the screen, get up and take them on a nature walk or read a book to them. Pandemonium will still be there when you get back.

I am going to fast from my blog for the rest of Lent. This fills me with both fear and excitement. What if I lose my few regular readers? How will family keep up to date with what we're up to? What might God do with the time I am releasing? How might this impact my relationship with my children as they see they are more important that the glowing screen?

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Enjoy your fast...I'll still be here when you return.:-) There are so many more truly important things than blogging, huh?
Goodness and joy to you!
Kathy @ www.restorationplace.net