Wednesday 16 July 2008

Packing, Again!


It's never going to happen, it's never all going to fit in the car!
I am starting to pack, again, for yet another holiday! I have never before been on 3 holidays in the same month, and intend never to do so again. We are setting off tomorrow to Wales. The main point on our agenda is to visit Skomer Island to see the puffins. Unfortunately for our timescales, the puffins are only on the island from mid-June to mid-July, hence packing up so soon. This time all five of us are camping and space in the car is at a premium. At the rate I'm going, I have visions of strapping the children in, surrounding them with bags and cases and giving them snorkels to breathe through!

I have narrowed my selection of books down to 5! This does not include the 2 guide books, the children's books (probably around 15), 'Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets' which I will read aloud to the family and my husbands 2 books (which I doubt he will even open, but I think he felt left out on yesterday's library visit)!

My choices are:

In My Own Words: Henri Nouwen (for spiritual reflection)

The Power of Creative Intelligence: Tony Buzan (self-development!)

Young Children Learning: Barbara Tizard and Martin Hughes (the research I mentioned in a previous post. It looks interesting.)

One Good Turn: Kate Atkinson ('A Jolly Murder Mystery' - looks like good quality light relief!)

and, of course, Eldest: Christopher Paolini (the sequel to 'Eragon')


It looks like there might have to be some tough choices about what else we can take. Can I get away with only one outfit for 11 days?


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As long as you have clean underwear for everyday, you can probably get away with not much on the clothes front. But then again you need to be prepared for coolish, wettish, hot and sunny, and all the other vagaries of Wales in July ;->

Have you considered a roof rack and one of those boxes that goes on it? Have a great time.

Gaynor said...

Even the roof box is full to bursting! Still, my eldest wore the same outfit all the time we were at HESFES so I guess I don't need to worry too much about clothes!

Thanks for your good wishes!