Sunday 27 July 2008

Early Morning at Caerfai Bay


This is the view I woke up to this morning; I think it is one of the most beautiful places I have ever been. We were sorry to be leaving. Six hours in the car has brought us home to proper mattresses and the electric kettle but away from the space, the peace and the beach.

Whenever I get back from a holiday I always notice all the things that need sorting out around the house, especially as I try to cram books back onto overloaded shelves and survey the weed-ridden, drought struck garden. It's often a time when I feel overwhelmed and go into planning and list-making overdrive. I think I might print myself a copy of this photo and pin it up over the computer to remind myself that Caerfai Bay is still there, still peaceful, still beautiful, and perhaps to pour myself a draught from the feelings I bottled in St Davids.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: