Wednesday 2 March 2011

Proud Owner

I arrived at our usual Tuesday puppy class yesterday to be told that we would have a run through of the Bronze Award which Coco has been working for. It came as a bit of a surprise, especially when I was told that Scooby, Coco's classmate, had had a run through last week when we were away and had passed. Oh, so a run through with some significance, then? Instead of our usual teacher, her colleague led us through the various tests, and Coco came to me when called, stayed in place for a minute, let me groom and examine her, waited while I went through a door first and walked, just about, to heel. So we were very pleased to receive her Bronze Award, a certificate and green and white rosette.
It's been hard work having a puppy, much harder than I had anticipated, but it is rewarding to see her obedience and control and to have worked with her, building up our relationship. I am a proud dog owner and she is a very good dog!

No comments: