Tuesday 21 July 2009

10 things I hate about camping

  1. Not having a warm drink in the evening so I don't have to get up in the night to go out in the dark and cold to the toilet.
  2. The long, uphill and frequently rainy walk to the toilet block.
  3. Unzipping and zipping the tent doors every time a shower passes over.
  4. The people opposite with their cool, huge tent extension/porch who sit in it, reading and protected from the weather and never have to zip and unzip their tent when a shower passes over.
  5. Sleeping on an air bed.
  6. Never feeling that things are tidy or organized
  7. Never being able to properly dry my towel.
  8. The kettle taking 10 minutes to boil.
  9. Only eating meals we can heat on the gas ring.
  10. The constant drumming of rain on the tent so that I feel like I'm inside a bass drum and the way the whole tent buckles in a 40mph wind causing me to fear that next time it really will take off.

1 comment:

Jane D. said...

What a concise list Gaynor - I hope the loves outweighed the hates x.