Thursday 4 February 2010

A Fun Afternoon

We met up with some old friends yesterday, a mum and her two sons with whom we used to spend time but have lost touch in the last couple of years. She had invited me over to meet some new friends of hers, a home educating mum and her three daughters. We had a lovely time, tea and muffins. The children met the dog and the chicken, bounced on the trampoline, played Lego and looked at books. I caught this moment with my camera. My nine-year old playing a board game with her three-year old. It was a beautiful sight. Despite the huge age gap, they played together peacefully and respectfully and communicated clearly. Although I do look out for opportunities for my children to make friends of their own age, it feels good to see that they are quite willing, indeed happy, to cross those lines and form relationships with children outside of their school-year.

No comments: