Tuesday 9 February 2010

Am I In Control?

The subject of my children's social lives has been occupying my thoughts in the last week or so and I have been thinking about whether their needs for friends are being met and what I can do if I feel that they are not.
In the last four days, my little girl has been out on a swimming trip with her god-parents, had two friends (sisters) round to play when they came over with their dad for Sunday tea and is currently upstairs with the 'new' girl who just moved in across the road. Tomorrow, another Home Ed family is coming for lunch, with three little girls of around my daughter's age. The first three of these I had no part in initiating. The mum coming tomorrow was introduced to me by a mutual friend and, again, I had no part in causing this to happen.
I find it tricky to balance taking control and going with the flow, but I am reminded this week that I don't have to do it all, that God does answer prayers and I can let go and let things unfold.

1 comment:

Jean N. said...

Let go and let God. One of my all-time favorite sayings.