Monday 1 September 2008

First Day of Term

I am very excited.

My husband went back to school today so this is our first official day of the Home Ed term. It is particularly satisfying that it is also the first day of a new month.

Now, I swing between worrying that I am too structured and that I should go all out for unschooling and then worrying that I'm not directing the children enough, that they will never learn anything and that I need to have more projects, workbooks and a timetable. This year I have devised my Grand Schedule, which I am hoping is a good compromise and we are all set to go: I have written First Day of School notes for the children and printed them with colourful borders, I have bought new pens and folders, sharpened the pencils and got out everything we will need for the morning's activities. I have promised the children a suprise this morning (which will be the notes and also a chocolate brownie) and they are eagerly awaiting our 10 o'clock start.
My middle son is at my feet with his Brio Builder System waiting for me to finish on the computer so we can get started. He tells me that he likes holidays, as daddy is home, and that he likes term too. I guess that just about says it all!

No comments: