Monday 31 August 2009

Unwelcome Souvenir

I have brought home many memories and experiences from Uganda. Unfortunately I have also brought home a particularly nasty virus - a flu-like viral infection according to the doctor at the out of hours surgery on Sunday morning. I spent all of yesterday in bed, most of it asleep, with a high temperature, sore throat, aching limbs, nausea and a throbbing head. I don't feel much better today.
The rest of the team are due to land as I write and my close friend will be coming back here for a celebratory cup of tea and a good long chat (or as long as I can manage) to de-brief. I hope that, with feeling so rough and the transition to term time as my husband goes back to school tomorrow, I do not lose the depth of feeling and the strength of the impressions I have returned with and, over the coming weeks, I am able to incorporate them into my life.

No comments: